“The property” is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs J Masters (“the owner”) to the renter (“the client”). This is subject to the following conditions.
1. This is a binding contract between the property owner and the nominated party leader, and every adult member of the holiday party.
2. To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rental along with the refundable breakages deposit (clause 5) is due not less than eight weeks prior to the start of the holiday unless late booking conditions have been agreed. Failure to pay the amount in full will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the holidaymakers. Reminders are not issued. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the holiday require full payment at the time of booking. Cancellation of the booking by the holiday maker should be made in writing. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover to the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owners insurance. If the reason for the cancellation is illness, or other extreme unavoidable cause the owner will repay excluding the deposit, the following amounts;
a. 29 to 56 days before holiday date -50% of the rental.
b. 15 to 28 days before holiday date -25% of the rental.
c. 0 to 14 days before holiday date –10% of the rental.
4. Any chargeable expenses (e.g. central heating) arising during the rental period should be settled with the owners representative before departure.
5. A Refundable Breakages Deposit of £150 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the Breakages Deposit and refund the balance due within three weeks after the rental period. The Property Owner is entitled to ask the client to leave the property without any refund if in his/her opinion the behaviour of the Client and or the clients party is unacceptable.
6. While every care is taken to provide an accurate description of the property, from time to time there may be alterations made. The Client must accept that no refunds are available for such discrepancies.
7. The Owner will endeavour to make sure that the property is available for the dates contracted. In the event however of fire or flood damage, for instance, the Owner will endeavour to find alternative suitable accommodation. If the cost of the accommodation is higher, the Owner will be jointly responsible with the Client for the difference. If a suitable property cannot be found, the Client is entitled to a full refund.
8. The rental period shall commence from 5.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation to the Client before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. The Owner reserves the right to deduct a penalty of £25 for each 30 minutes of occupation beyond these times.
9. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 8 unless the Owner has given written permission. The Owner reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Pets are not allowed.
10. The Client agrees to be a considerable tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the Refundable Breakages Deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those living in the nearby village.
11. It is the Owners utmost concern that the Client has a pleasant stay. It is up to the Client to make any problem known to the Owner immediately it becomes apparent so the Owner has an opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed no claim can be accepted. It also must be accepted by the Client that there are times when professionals cannot immediately be found to rectify a problem. The Owner will, however, do his best to rectify problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
12. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client * for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden, lake or swimming pool. * for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
13. Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
14. The use of accommodation and amenities, such as the lake, swimming pool, barbeque, boules, table tennis is entirely at the Client’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owner for injury or loss or damage to the Client or his visitors and their belongings.
15. All keys to the property must be delivered back to the Owner or her representative at the end of the rental period. This Contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note that these booking forms will be included in our confirmation invoice/statement.